Friday, September 11, 2009

Developing A Spine

One of the great things about working in a big lab is the technicians. One of the worst things about working in a big lab is the technicians. Well, OK probably just for me. Our lab has three fabulous techs. These ladies do all sorts of things for you to help you get moving quicker and eliminate busy work. The problem? I feel so guilty every time I ask them for something. They always respond pleasantly and are happy to do it. The problem is largely with me. I feel like, if I don't what to do this, why in the world should they? Who am I to ask them to do things? Only the postdocs should ask for things etc.

This morning with trepidation in my heart I approached one to ask for some solutions to be made. "Sure, what day do you need them for?" she chirped back. Lesson learned: sto psyching yourself out. Graduate students are worth something too.

No comments:

Post a Comment